Happy summer everyone. Cathryn here to share our 84th Challenge with you.
CHALLENGE #84 - FOREVER IN BLUE JEANS
CHALLENGE #84 - FOREVER IN BLUE JEANS
I am so excited about this challenge. What on earth is more comfortable than a worn in pair of old blue jeans???? When I think of summers as a child and a teenager, I think about cut off jean shorts and daisy flowers, yes, I am dating myself LOL!!! It also makes me think of my little ones and the adorable little overalls and jeans they wore as babies and toddlers. And most of all....who can get that song out of their heads once it is playing!! Thank you Neil Diamond!!!!
Everywhere I go lately I see so much denim in crafting and designs so what better place to share our denim creations than PGCB!!!! I can't wait to see all of the wonderful creations.
We are so excited to also welcome our amazing Guest Designer for the month of July, Karen McAlpine. Check out her fantastic blog. You certainly won't be disappointed!! Thank you so much Karen for joining in the fun.
Touch of Denim Party Favors
Designed by Karen McAlpine
Stamps: Sentiment stamp from Stampin’ Up
Ink: Night of Navy dye ink - Stampin’ Up
DP: double sided paper – Cloud 9 Designs
Dies: Treat Bag - Stampin’ Up; French Fry box – Amuse Studios; Flower –Sizzix
Punch: Label - Stampin’ Up
Felt: My Favorite Things
Denim Ribbon: Stampin’ Up
Lollipop sticks –in the cake and candy section of craft store
Design Process: Following the blue jeans theme, I thought it would be fun to die cut denim flowers. I found this denim colored felt and tried that. The flowers looked really cute and festive. They were just perfect for some kind of party favor. Using the dies, I cut double sided paper to form the treat holders. I wanted to include some stamping but did not have much room on the bag or box. I needed the sentiment to float in air over the flower-hence the sentiment on a stick.
Super fun Party Favours Karen. They will be the hit of any party!!!!!
Now, on to the fun the Paper Girls had with this challenge...Enjoy!!!
And now the winner of Challenge #83 (Babies) is
#21 - Cynthia B
Congratulations! Please send an e-mail with your shipping info to email@example.com to claim your prize within two weeks.
How to Join the Fun at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog:
1. Start by following our blog. To do so, click on the "Join this site" button on the right hand side of our blog. Please also feel free to follow by email too and like us on Facebook!
2. We will post new challenges the first and third Monday of every month. It will be up to you to create a project that has been inspired by our challenge!
3. Your entry should be made after the challenge has been posted. We will not say no to slightly older projects but we prefer to see your new creations!
4. Create a blog post about your entry and make sure to include a link back to The Paper Girls Challenge Blog. If you do not have a blog, you may post on our Facebook page or to an online gallery and then link that photo to our linky. However, please only do this if you do not have a blog.
5. Add a link to your blog post (or Facebook /gallery photo) on our Challenge using the Inlinkz tool located at the bottom of our posts. Please make sure you link the actual post with your entry and not your blog's address.
6. Please make sure you describe how you interpreted our challenge if it isn't clear. If we can't see it, we can't count it.
7. The Deadline for each challenge will be the Saturday at 11:55pm MST before the next challenge is posted. This will give you 1 week and 6 days to complete your projects.
8. Please limit your entries to 3 per person per challenge.
9. We use Random.org to pick the winner. Prizes will be sent directly from the hostess of the challenge. At this time, we can only ship to US and Canadian addresses, due to postage rates. We hope this will change in the future. In the meantime, we love to see creations from all over the world!
10. You will have two weeks to claim your prize once we post the winner.
11. The most important thing is to have fun!